Please Help me identify and propagate this!

CaribReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day!

I have been growing this for years but only after moving to a new tank has this started to pop!

now I want to propagate this algae to another side of the tank and I was wondering if anyone can help me identify and give me some tips to propagate this algae successfully

E3FDAE63-0731-4B02-85FD-902793EC96FA.jpeg
 
Thanks they do look quite similar but I’m still struggling to understand how to propagate this successfully, do I just cut a piece of the stem with a leaf on it?

Yes just as any other macro algae it will grow a new plant.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new