Please Help me reagent Alkatronic Diy thank

diskuschristophe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
17
Location
Belgium
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

I'm Christophe and I'm from Belgium ;-)

If possible, I would like you to help me with my Alkatronic reagent.

At home, I don't know how to have 1M 2N sulfuric acid.

I had sulfuric acid 15%

Could you tell me how to get 4 liters of concentrate for my alkatronic with this 15% acid?

I tried by placing 71,072 ml (1 liter of water, add the acid then top up to 4 liter)

The problem, I tested, my alkatronic indicated 8.42 kh with original reagent and with my test my kh said 12.79.

Is there a lack of acid?

Is there too much acid?

Could you tell me what I should put in 15% acid to have 4 liters of concentrate like in stores?



Thank you for your help ;-)
 
This is a somewhat complicated question, which is why I have not answered it yet. It requires looking up data.

15% sulfuric acid means it contains 150 grams of sulfuric acid per kg of material.

150 grams of sulfuric acid (98 grams per mole) is 1.53 moles of 3.06 acid equivalents (two per mole).

But the density is not 1 g/cm3, so one needs to also know the density to get to molar concentration.

That result will vary with temperature.

A solution that is 15% sulfuric acid will have a density of 1.10994 kg/K at 25 deg C:

https://www.handymath.com/cgi-bin/sulfurictble11.cgi?submit=Entry
Thus, 1 kg of 15% sulfuric acid will occupy 901 mL.

Thus, the concentration of H+ is 3.06 moles/901 ml = 3.40 M (which is 3.40 N).

It is thus well above the mentioned 2 N.

I do not independently know what the alkatronic expects it to be, and I do not want to say since some of these devices seem to self destruct when a non OEM acid is used.
 
This is a somewhat complicated question, which is why I have not answered it yet. It requires looking up data.

15% sulfuric acid means it contains 150 grams of sulfuric acid per kg of material.

150 grams of sulfuric acid (98 grams per mole) is 1.53 moles of 3.06 acid equivalents (two per mole).

But the density is not 1 g/cm3, so one needs to also know the density to get to molar concentration.

That result will vary with temperature.

A solution that is 15% sulfuric acid will have a density of 1.10994 kg/K at 25 deg C:

https://www.handymath.com/cgi-bin/sulfurictble11.cgi?submit=Entry
Thus, 1 kg of 15% sulfuric acid will occupy 901 mL.

Thus, the concentration of H+ is 3.06 moles/901 ml = 3.40 M (which is 3.40 N).

It is thus well above the mentioned 2 N.

I do not independently know what the alkatronic expects it to be, and I do not want to say since some of these devices seem to self destruct when a non OEM acid is used.
The alktronic reagent recipe I use is 200mL(2N sulfuric acid) +3800ml r.o.d.i = 4L(.1N sulfuric acid) +16L r.o.d.i = 20L ready to use alktronic reagent.
It comes withing a .2 between 20L batches, and I use the calibration to make it match.
I would imagine that if it's reading that much higher, then there is too much water(not enough acid)
 
Thank you, I think I found it thank you, I did several tests with doses of 100 ml ;-) thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new