Please help me with my goniopora

  • Thread starter Thread starter soter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

soter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2018
Messages
36
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please What's happening with my coral? Yesterday it was pretty well. It looks like a tiny film of pink jelly

20190521_173611.jpg
 
Its dying and unfortunately once it starts its near impossible to stop. Goni's are just not good corals for those newer to the hobby. They are difficult to keep longterm and most perish.
 
Thanks. So I need to take out of the tank right now?
 
I would like to bet its not going to get better. Dip it in peroxide and clean all the jelly off of it and see if there is any healthy tissue left.. Its not looking good
Edit: usually a 75:25 tank water to peroxide 3%
 
Last edited:
Just to update the thread, my goniopora finally died yesterday, so I took it out :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new