please help me

jaehyeokeom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s only been a week since having 2 clownfish in a 13.5 Fluval evo tank. I am starting to get ready for weekly 10% water change. I already have RO water filter in my house. I know rodi water is the best for saltwater tanks, so I might just get an extra di filter from aquaticlife buddy and run ro water through it. My ro water before di is tds level at 15-16ppm. Is this going to reach to 0 tds or even close to 0?

Another concern for me is that I don’t have a protein skimmer set up. I have seen some people are just fine without one. What would be the best alternatives of skimmer? I am planning to get one bt anemone and shrimp once my tank matures. Will having a skimmer ahead of time help me with that?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Best alternative is water changes
Ice cap makes ideal mini units
The K1-50 would be ideal

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, adding the extra step will help your TDS tremendously. Also, you don't have to have a protein skimmer. Skimmers are just another (easy) method to export nutrients. As stated, water changes, refegiums, etc can all accomplish the same thing. If your water levels are inline, you might not need to do or add anything at all. I would start by testing and go from there.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find skimmers on nano tanks to be more of a pain than they are worth. Water changes are so easy.

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes you can truly get the water down to 0…. I would like to state if you get 10-15 from tap that ain’t bad at all. My tap is around 150 I got a rodi unit from BRS. It helps greatly

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back