PLEASE HELP WITH AI PRIME 16HD REEF!!!!

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needless to say so far this light is a piece of crap, brilliant in theory and then you buy it and its TRASH to setup.

It wont let me do anything I have tried to use the quick setup option and the light will display a short preview of my light settings as I adjusted and then that's it, I will click done and it will show me my settings on the graph that I just adjusted in quick settings but my light isnt on ?

I tried to manually enter in settings and same thing the light will show me a preview of the settings as I adjust them but when I am done my light remains off.

I have watched over 10 useless videos I'm not looking for someone to send me a youtube link or a webpage, I'm looking for someone who owns this light and can personally help me set it up .

We can chat on here or we can video chat through Facebook I dont mind either way but I need help getting this done

Customer service was more useless then a swimsuit in the desert, I have sold my old light and this is all I have, none of my corals have had light all day.

Can I please have some real life help !?!?!?!?

Erichk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the time correct on the light? Is it showing your schedule with a line showing up on the schedule you have added? Do you have an end Point? I recommend downloading one of the premade schedules from ai’s website. I have a few primes, not the 16, but I think the app is the same

06D12BB6-3584-49CA-A33C-2E91FD907B0F.png

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the time correct on the light? Is it showing your schedule with a line showing up on the schedule you have added? Do you have an end Point? I recommend downloading one of the premade schedules from ai’s website. I have a few primes, not the 16, but I think the app is the same

06D12BB6-3584-49CA-A33C-2E91FD907B0F.png
The app is little different with the 16hd. Making a schedule is the same though. I don’t care for the 16hd app as much. Seems it is only Bluetooth too

Erichk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried downloading one of the preset schedules and just adjusting it to your needs to see if that works?

OP
OP
P

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the scedual I came up with in "easy setup" I dont know what you mean by does my light have the correct time, theres no option to set the time on my light, if i go to my dash board and click scedual nothing happens at all. If I click lighting it brings me to this page i have screenshotted, I went onto the AI website and I downloaded settings for one of the tanks they have posted but I have no idea how to load those settings onto the app? After I download it I click it and it says "cannot open file"

So far the only luck I've had getting the light to turn on is when I click to turn it on for anywhere from 1 min to an hour

Screenshot_20200715-021038_myAI.jpg

vsolovyev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best thing to do is download a preset and modify it to your liking. It is complicated at first because you don’t know how the light affects your tank but over time you will tweak it based on your preference. https://www.aquaillumination.com/lightsciences/signature-series -this link brings you to their site where you download the preset to your app, just select whichever one you see fit.

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the scedual I came up with in "easy setup" I dont know what you mean by does my light have the correct time, theres no option to set the time on my light, if i go to my dash board and click scedual nothing happens at all. If I click lighting it brings me to this page i have screenshotted, I went onto the AI website and I downloaded settings for one of the tanks they have posted but I have no idea how to load those settings onto the app? After I download it I click it and it says "cannot open file"

So far the only luck I've had getting the light to turn on is when I click to turn it on for anywhere from 1 min to an hour

Screenshot_20200715-021038_myAI.jpg
In your attached picture the blue vertical line is the actual time and the highlighted orange vertical line is your preview line, both of which are outside of your lighting schedule so the light would not come on anyway.....?

Looks to me that you have sunrise set for about 9AM? so that’s when your light will come on.

Am I missing something? Just exit the app, I can’t see any reason why what you have set won’t work when the correct time comes around.

OP
OP
P

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've managed to fix SOME of my problem but now I have another.

So I figured out how to set the time on my light which helped alot as it was WAY OFF.

The issue now is "selecting a profile" I've been to the AI website and "downloaded settings" numerous times and I go into the AI app and go to "select present" and nothing is there

So I followed the instructions online for how to setup the AIFI network, it tells me to go into wifi settings and select the Aifi network I would like to connect to. No such network exists in my wifi settings, I looked it up further and it said my light had to be within 15 ft of my router which it isnt sooooo therefore i cant download a profile ? I dont understand.

I can however enter manual settings as that operates through bluetooth but the problem is is that I don't know what settings to input, gah this is so stressful I JUST bought like 400$ worth of frags and I cant even figure out my light, all my corals are going to die.

OP
OP
P

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I've come up with so far but I doubt its sufficient or good.

Screenshot_20200715-040542_myAI.jpg

Koukasen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately ai prime 16hd’s connect time Bluetooth only. The instructions claim it can connect wifi, but they don’t. It’s a newer model that got shafted.
When you download a preset, open the preset file. You’ll get a bunch of numbers or whatever. Tap on ‘Share’ and then tap ‘Copy to myAI’. It’ll open the app and you should be able to edit from there.

OP
OP
P

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on settings and go to the correct time zone you're in
I'm in the correct time zone, now that I have managed to get it working I'm seeking help to manually program I am unable to download profiles from Ai website

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on sorting the time zone and getting it working :) I have the same light, some tips:

To download a profile find it on the net somewhere on a Dropbox. Hit download and it will give you the option to open/save it on My AI. This puts it in your list of profiles.

Two: save your current profile so you don’t lose it.

Three: to ‘scale up’ your entire light setup use two fingers on the screen and move them upwards.

Four: to shift the entire setup earlier or later use two fingers and move them sideways

Press the ‘play’ arrow button to do a demo playthrough of your light settings.

OP
OP
P

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on sorting the time zone and getting it working :) I have the same light, some tips:

To download a profile find it on the net somewhere on a Dropbox. Hit download and it will give you the option to open/save it on My AI. This puts it in your list of profiles.

Two: save your current profile so you don’t lose it.

Three: to ‘scale up’ your entire light setup use two fingers on the screen and move them upwards.

Four: to shift the entire setup earlier or later use two fingers and move them sideways

Press the ‘play’ arrow button to do a demo playthrough of your light settings.
Omg it actually worked, the dropbox suggestion worked perfectly and I have now been able to save a profile.

Now thing is I have a 13.5 sea evo and the smallest profile I could find for a softies tank was a 25 gallon tank how should I go abouts adjusting it to fit my tanks needs should I "downscale it" half way ?

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg it actually worked, the dropbox suggestion worked perfectly and I have now been able to save a profile.

Now thing is I have a 13.5 sea evo and the smallest profile I could find for a softies tank was a 25 gallon tank how should I go abouts adjusting it to fit my tanks needs should I "downscale it" half way ?
I have a 10 gallon, I’d say try taking it down to 1/3 strength. Your eye won’t be helpful in determining if it’s bright enough, just have to watch your coral :) start low

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 24 gallon softie and I’m using the fixed mount with the light at the top most position with the majority of my coral at the bottom of the tank. I’m running all colours apart from moonlight at 40%, nothing fancy and they’re all growing well. I actually started higher and reduced until things looked happiest.

05BE4834-B6FA-41EA-ADCD-576C6503BF0E.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back