Please help with changing tank

becs_nano_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Here’s my story. I’ve been tackling dinos for months now (LCA) got it under control with dino x mostly after dosing silicates for months with no effect.
I’ve just ordered my dream tank. It’s coming in the next couple of weeks.
I’m going to buy new sand and new water but I would like to use the same rock (as it’s so expensive to buy new)
What is the best way to go about cleaning the rocks so I don’t transfer dinos or nasty algae into my new tank?
Please help

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are wanting to transfer “live rock” to the new tank then there is nothing you can do.

I take it as you just want the rock with none of the Dinos/algae/nitrifying bacteria etc…

If that’s the case, I think leaving it out to dry in the sun for 7 days is your best bet. Rotate the rocks every 24 hours to help water drain from inside the rock.

OP
OP
B

becs_nano_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are wanting to transfer “live rock” to the new tank then there is nothing you can do.

I take it as you just want the rock with none of the Dinos/algae/nitrifying bacteria etc…

If that’s the case, I think leaving it out to dry in the sun for 7 days is your best bet. Rotate the rocks every 24 hours to help water drain from inside the rock.
Yer I just don’t want to bring any bad stuff over into the new tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back