Please help with my nem.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bizarre. I've never seen mesenterial filaments extruding from multiple holes across the oral disc. @OrionN @D-Nak ever see this?

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he started acting weird when I got a new ligh (ai prime on acclimation setting currently) he detached from his top spot and went down to the underside of the rock.

he almost looks like he was going to try and split (in think not the good kind as this started after the picture from Monday)

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The weird thing is he is still inflated which makes me have hopes but I’m super worried about him going south and the rest of my tank going south with him. And everyone else seems sooo happy

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the testing, see if there’s anything off. In the meantime definitely keep an eye on it, continue with the water flow. Maybe move it out of the light some, or replace your old light

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, it may. Buy some carbon and mesh bags immediately. If the nem does die, you should have these on hand to purify your tank. How long has it been in your system? Have you made any other changes except for the light?

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, it may. Buy some carbon and mesh bags immediately. If the nem does die, you should have these on hand to purify your tank. How long has it been in your system? Have you made any other changes except for the light?
I changed salt like 3weeks ago

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has been in system since July 26th

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have carbon filter and carbon rox .08

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@footgal great job so far. Good advice and good questions. Its still inflating so I think there is hope. I also think that the change in light and salt has stressed it and it is stuck deciding if its going to split or not. Right now my opinion is monitor your water quality and keep an eye on it but don't change anything as long as it is still inflating. To many changes may send it over the edge. Here are a few of mine...
249554.jpeg
249557.jpeg

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would shade it for now. Too much light will be stressful. You can put something over the tank where you have it contained (like some cardboard above the tank or white plastic over the container).

Does the color of the nem where it inflates look normal? Is it bleaching?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back