Please help with my parameters.

seareefmn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I received my Hanna checker, this product that allows me to have exact measurements of my parameters, these are the ones that allow me to check and so I have them.

Ammonia 0.06

Ph 8.0

Dkh 20

Magnesio 1625 ppm

Calcium 555

Nitrate 28.2 ppm

Phosphate 0.30

Salinity 34.1

Temperature 78.8

Someone helps me how to set my parameters for my reef tank, I have a 30-gallon tank with 2 clownfish 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 flame angel, 1 green mandarin, 1 shrimp, 1 anemone, 2 lps coral, 1 Kenya tree frag. I would like to know how to lower the parameters that I have high little by little, I also want to recommend everyone to invest in their testers so that they have real readings, before I used red sea and told me that everything was perfect until I saw the reality with Hanna

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a way to double check these?

dKh at 20 and magnesium that high makes me wonder if those are accurate since they could precipitate at those levels. Even calcium can precipitate at these levels.

Changing water will slowly lower them over time, but can normal usage by your LPS and coralline algae.

OP
OP
S

seareefmn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is tester im talking about

Attachments

• IMG_4985.jpeg
    IMG_4985.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
S

seareefmn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debería dejar de añadir estos productos a mi tanque?

Attachments

• IMG_4993.jpeg
    IMG_4993.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4988.jpeg
    IMG_4988.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4992.jpeg
    IMG_4992.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 26

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I stop adding these products to my tank?
Is it clear to you why you should/should not be adding these elements, and when to add them? That is a lot of supplementation for a new tank that has a low consumption of elements. Were you dosing before having equipment to test and baseline?

You could allow the elements to go down over time, but with the current load, this could take a long time. Small, frequent water changes are likely the best path to getting levels in check.

OP
OP
S

seareefmn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting for my osmosis filter (I had one but needed to changed), I will prepare a large amount of water and make 10% water changes daily to lower my parameters, does it sound like a good idea to have the best ecosystem for my fish? I have only added these products about 4 times 2 times a week. I will stop adding it and I will only add plant 2 times a week because I have my copepods that I need to feed.
Is it clear to you why you should/should not be adding these elements, and when to add them? That is a lot of supplementation for a new tank that has a low consumption of elements. Were you dosing before having equipment to test and baseline?

You could allow the elements to go down over time, but with the current load, this could take a long time. Small, frequent water changes are likely the best path to getting levels in check.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back