Parameter help

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is my chart of my parameters I have been documenting for the past month. I am struggling with nitrate levels. I am feeding twice a day with Brine/Mysis shrimp and doing lower percentage water changes.

1000014818.png

Also I believe I am having a Cyano outbreak right now? See video below. Should I be running my skimmer? I would image not to since my nitrate level is 0, also I'm using Hanna and Salifert test kits.

I would love any advice y'all have to what I could be doing to help my situation, my tank is about three months old, two clowns, one YWG, pistol shrimp, two trochus / nassarius and four dwarf blue hermits.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could try removing the cup from your skimmer to allow nutrients to build up a bit. You could also shut it off, but it's good to have it running for gas exchange. I removed my skimmer cup and fed more heavily to raise nitrate and phosphate from undetectable levels. I don't see anything visual in your tank to be concerned about, being new as it is.

How's the flow in your tank?

OP
OP
jbonez_

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could try removing the cup from your skimmer to allow nutrients to build up a bit. You could also shut it off, but it's good to have it running for gas exchange. I removed my skimmer cup and fed more heavily to raise nitrate and phosphate from undetectable levels. I don't see anything visual in your tank to be concerned about, being new as it is.

How's the flow in your tank?

flow is good, almost too good I think lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back