Parameter help

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
65
Reaction score
18
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is my chart of my parameters I have been documenting for the past month. I am struggling with nitrate levels. I am feeding twice a day with Brine/Mysis shrimp and doing lower percentage water changes.

1000014818.png


Also I believe I am having a Cyano outbreak right now? See video below. Should I be running my skimmer? I would image not to since my nitrate level is 0, also I'm using Hanna and Salifert test kits.



I would love any advice y'all have to what I could be doing to help my situation, my tank is about three months old, two clowns, one YWG, pistol shrimp, two trochus / nassarius and four dwarf blue hermits.
 
you could try removing the cup from your skimmer to allow nutrients to build up a bit. You could also shut it off, but it's good to have it running for gas exchange. I removed my skimmer cup and fed more heavily to raise nitrate and phosphate from undetectable levels. I don't see anything visual in your tank to be concerned about, being new as it is.

How's the flow in your tank?
 
you could try removing the cup from your skimmer to allow nutrients to build up a bit. You could also shut it off, but it's good to have it running for gas exchange. I removed my skimmer cup and fed more heavily to raise nitrate and phosphate from undetectable levels. I don't see anything visual in your tank to be concerned about, being new as it is.

How's the flow in your tank?

flow is good, almost too good I think lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new