OP
OP
Bigair

Bigair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The algea is not completely vanished after a four-week treatment, now I'm not dare to dose any no3, the algea is dieing partially also might because of low nutrient level, but of cource the Flux works as well, I need to wait roughly two more weeks, and do another treatment again to extinguish it.

OP
OP
Bigair

Bigair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today it seems quite less of them are left, I will post some pictures some days later again, it might not go to a sencond Flux treatment

OP
OP
Bigair

Bigair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like C. brachypus, Fluconazole will kill it, might take 4-6 weeks, and a couple redosings, but it will 100% kill it.

Remember to remove as much as possible by hand FIRST do not just dose fluc right away. If you kill hundreds of pieces of caulerpa or anything else all those nutrients accumulated over months/years are instantly back in the water. You will nuke your tank if you don't take any out first.
after 6 weeks Fluconazole treatment, I can barely see the algea, it is completely gone!
thanks for all your help expecially two of you!

1649072856291.jpeg
I bought an urchin, though bigger as I expected via online trade, it works quite good, everywhere it reaches becomes glass clear! Also bought a yellow eye tang. I hope my system would running without algea problem any more. Actually I haven't made 2nd treatment of Fluconazole. Patience helped a little bit to settle the problem.

I do no water change btw, only automatically add salt water to compensate of wet skimming, top off with osmos water and dose big 3 bottles plus amino acid. I am quite glad my tank returns to normal and I stare at it for hours each day:zany-face:

Last edited:

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the quick reply, not sure what kind of algea it is, was braught in along with live rocks

my tank is only about 50gallons, I tried a small grundel fish, but it is only 4cm long, like useless

a Tang would be a good choice but not so fit with my tank size

at very beginning I think 3 months ago I tried with a brush, but that only helped the algae located in more places, and it has so hard root that clibms deep in the rock surface, very hard to manully fully remove
I added a very small sailfin to a 55 to clean up a turf algea issue. It's gaining ground and it already has a home to go to when it gets to big. Now he's very happy grazing and cleaning my tank. I have that same algae in my tank and the tang won't eat it. I rip it out periodically.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back