Please ID My Unknown Critter

retiredsailor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
196
Reaction score
95
Location
drums, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg I noticed this 'thing' at the base of one of my corals. It appears to be some sort of feather duster or tube worm.
 
After a quick search it seems the best method to defeat these is to glue the tube shut. I found a few other remedies but the glue seemed the easiest. Then after a while I can scrape the tubes off so I don't have to think of them again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new