Please id this algae please...

FatWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is brown and flaky comes off easy but have no idea what I am battling...

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!

OP
OP
F

FatWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is brown and flaky comes off easy but have no idea what I am battling...

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383868655773.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383868655773.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 162

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that is not severe case of Flatworms?

OP
OP
F

FatWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes nothing is moving I would have them on my glass in that case and I dont just on sand a rock doesnt both my corals...

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting picture. Can you share another, perhaps from further back, giving a little more sense of scale?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sry I am wrong irs red planaria.... what do I do....! No saltstores within 45min from me

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!

You have a lot of manual removal before you can treat with Flatworm exit. When flatworms die they release a toxin that will wipe out your tank. I have not sen an infestation that bad in many years. Please read the link below

Melevsreef.com - Flatworms | How to eliminate them!

It's imperative that you follow directions very carefully when using Flatworm exit. You may be able to find a wrasse or damsel that will assist by eating them but for now you have to dramatically reduce the population. I would also make sure your tank is not suffering from chronically high nutrient levels.

OP
OP
F

FatWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a lot of manual removal before you can treat with Flatworm exit. When flatworms die they release a toxin that will wipe out your tank. I have not sen an infestation that bad in many years. Please read the link below

Melevsreef.com - Flatworms | How to eliminate them!

It's imperative that you follow directions very carefully when using Flatworm exit. You may be able to find a wrasse or damsel that will assist by eating them but for now you have to dramatically reduce the population. I would also make sure your tank is not suffering from chronically high nutrient levels.

Thanks tahoe for your help I am going to siphon my tank to sump with hose and sock... and getting a melanarus.... wish me luck people I need it haha... this is something I hope will solve all my problems... going to dose once the numbers get minuscule and do two decent water changes in the tank and run 250-300g worth of brs rox .08 carbon... to clean it up a lot... and I am getting a super reef octopus to replax my tunze 9006 (aka P.O.S.). I will keep this post updated with results...

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome. Don't let it frustrate you, because it probably will at some point. Flatworms can be maddening they reproduce so darn fast. For the type you have there is just no easy fix. I am sure you and your tank will be happier in the long run though. GL.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back