Please I'd this, I think it's algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kershaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kershaw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,504
Location
sacramento, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is it?

image.jpeg


image.jpeg
 
those rascals look like little brown bryozoans see if you googlepic agree w that, the brown var

or little 'droids-- if not, those aren't the droids you are looking for

I firmly think they are not plants but either hydroids or bryo's
 
I didn't see anything online that looks like it. If it helps they don't close when you touch them
 
I would name it palm palm algae

May want to start spot treating with h2o2
@brandon429 can help with that
 
Thank god it isn't my tank. I was just at a friends house. It seems to be isolated on his Kenya tree. Can he just remove coral and surrounding sand?
 
I think those brown hydroids above are them, and they don't react like the droids will Im leaning towards some zoans./ I think physical removal is the only nonchem way, whether or not goat de wormer works may be the case not sure
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new