OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe just be a little more polite to the people trying to help.

I would take this as an insult, and am pretty sure others would as well.
Not an insult. In the OP it shows exactly what I did and what I’m doing.

common sense (not being rude) would tell you, let me not say this or that because he’s doing this or that.

If you’re going to give me advice on something I said I’m doing , just simply don’t respond to the post. Lol I asked for help, oh wait, “begged for help” as instrinsic reef said.

it really isn’t that serious, I’m just making it a point. When I read a post, if I see something he/she isn’t doing that I think might help, I’ll let them know… but if I am just going to tell them to do exactly what they’re doing….. come on guys lol let’s be serious

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're all on here to help each other.
Even if you have to answer the same question 4 times, that's just how it goes.
You answer the question again.
We do the best we can and are not paid for our replies.
I read through your first post so I don't get yelled at.
Has this tank only been going 9 days?
You didn't make that clear.
Did you add sand to an established tank?
Unclear on that as well.
You know it is sand.
Turn off the powerhead, clean it all up and let the filter run WITHOUT the powerhead running.
If doesn't return your powerhead is too strong.
If you want high flow here, add a layer of Aragonite on top and it won't blow around.
Best of luck.

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're all on here to help each other.
Even if you have to answer the same question 4 times, that's just how it goes.
You answer the question again.
We do the best we can and are not paid for our replies.
I read through your first post so I don't get yelled at.
Has this tank only been going 9 days?
You didn't make that clear.
Did you add sand to an established tank?
Unclear on that as well.
You know it is sand.
Turn off the powerhead, clean it all up and let the filter run WITHOUT the powerhead running.
If doesn't return your powerhead is too strong.
If you want high flow here, add a layer of Aragonite on top and it won't blow around.
Best of luck.
Agree with this post. But this isn’t about anything being asked 4/5/6 times. It’s simply tell me do something, I said I do. Lol that’s all.

Thanks for this, I will be trying this mañana

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sorry, but i think you are missing the point. these are great people who were just trying to help. no one was trying to purposely tip you over
Promise you, there’s people on this thread that have been great to me. Don’t tell me I’m insulting anyone when I posted a very thorough post and because I responded to a post that told me to do exactly what I’m doing, in a way that apparently makes someone feel insulted. That’s not going to fly with me. Especially because I’ve mentioned how amazing this community is

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a phosphate test and see if there's some detritus build up in the bio media that you could vacuum out

How often/much do you feed and what do you feed?

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a phosphate test and see if there's some detritus build up in the bio media that you could vacuum out

How often/much do you feed and what do you feed?
Will do! And

And once a day very little, mysis shrimp. In another post I was told to do this

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do! And

And once a day very little, mysis shrimp. In another post I was told to do this
Is it dried shrimp or frozen cubes?

If it's whole frozen cubes try feeding half or a quarter. I have the same issue with them and my phosphates went from 4ppm to around .7ppm.
Yet my nitrates never went above 15ppm

Also avoid api phosphate test if you ever want to run a low nutrient or sps system

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it dried shrimp or frozen cubes?

If it's whole frozen cubes try feeding half or a quarter. I have the same issue with them and my phosphates went from 4ppm to around .7ppm.
Yet my nitrates never went above 15ppm

Also avoid api phosphate test if you ever want to run a low nutrient or sps system
Love this perfect! It’s frozen I use and I’ll do that! I have to get a phosphate test! Will order tomorrow thank you so much

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One MAJOR thing that these text type communications lack is body language. Sometimes a perfectly innocent comment can be misconstrued as something less than satisfying. As stated, these people are here for friendship and advise (both seeking and dispensing). Defensiveness can be taken as rudeness in a heartbeat. Just remember that we are here for each other. And others' successes (and failures for that matter) can be shared. Sorry. I got nothin' for ya that hasn't already been said, but wanted to put my two cents in on the issue at hand.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you vetteguy! Any way to keep it from clouding water altogether
For me, filter socks hold and trap this stuff. If a hang on back filter, the cartridge itself will help entrap it.

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re going to give me advice on something I said I’m doing , just simply don’t respond to the post.
Their advice was to do what you are doing, but do it for longer. I think the time frame they offered was the real advice.
Run filter floss, change/rinse everyday. This stuff can take weeks to clear up.
In a hobby where making a bunch of changes quickly is often a bad idea, I think this is pretty sage advise. Patience is rewarded in this hobby. You didn't rinse the sand. Other than removing and rinsing the sand or vacuuming the sand, it's a good plan to deal with the dust. It's just going to take weeks ( or maybe months imo) to filter out dust as it is disturbed. Like they said when they offered their advice.

RockRash

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing that might help, is keeping with one thread. We dont know what was suggested in previous threads if you start multiple threads about the same subject.
Screenshot_20240423-204618_Chrome.jpg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this in my 15 nano for months. I was so ticked off. I tried seachem clarity and that helped then I noticed the same silt you have. I would blow it off and it kept coming back. I eventually just left it alone for a month and added another small pump and pointed it at my rock scape and water was then cloudy after but it stopped settling. I then did seachem clarity twice and then it cleared up! What I figured out was it was a combo of me not rinsing sand and having thin sand and a bacterial bloom at the same time. Bot sire if thats whats going on with your tank but thought I would share what happened and what I did to fix mine :)

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read that people don't recommend water changes. I wasn't aware... I dealt with a bloom (before reading that) by removing the bacteria in the water column via water change, vacuum sand and less food fed for a bit. Tidied up in general. This (in my mind) removed some of the bact as well as thier possible fuel. Hypoxia can happen and I didn't want to just wait it out... Took a day if I recall. Good luck

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just caught up. If you're still unsure if it's sand (silt/sediment) just turn off the the flow and see how things settle as a test

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back