Please show me your hidden wires!!!

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by reefer4816, Oct 17, 2017.

1. reefer4816

reefer4816 Well-Known Member

Ok guys so I would like to see your guys' tank brains.

I want to see how you hide your wires mostly.
    I want to put all my wires behind a "control station" basically. And have all my return pump, wavemaker, temperature and controllable things on the front side so I can see and turn them on very easily.

Please inspire me!!!

Tags:

2. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

I don't have a pic worth showing (wires thrown behind the tank), but there are various cord keepers like flexible 1" plastic tubing thatyou can cut to the length of your power cords to keep everything organized

3. JoshH

JoshH Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Broadfield likes this.
  4. Broadfield

Broadfield Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Reef Squad Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Rileyf21, OREGONIC, Orm Embar and 4 others like this.
  5. DeepBlueSomething

DeepBlueSomething Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Broadfield likes this.
  6. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

6Bolt likes this.
  7. Water Dog

Water Dog Well-Known Member

For everyone with the nice hidden wires... what happens when you need to do maintenance on equipment? Say a return pump needs to be scrubbed and impeller inspected or powerheads need to be soaked in vinegar, how difficult is it to untangle the bundles of wire to unplug and free specific pieces of equipment? I intend to build a separate controller / power bar cabinet to sit next to my stand and am trying to get my head around the simplicity of removing equipment for maintenance while at the same time making it look nice.

8. 75galOCD

75galOCD Well-Known Member

Here is my work in the ole Oceanic. The wire channel is not very accessible but when I have to get back in I’m going to cut the cover in half. You can imagine that there is about 100’ of wire in there

A22350AC-0BA2-4B72-92CA-5804074348DB.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted