please show off your tank with Real Reef Rock

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Caribbean sea liferock won't stay purple. I have it in my tank, some parts are just covered in a purple epoxy like coating the snails and crabs have pulled all that off and I had white chunks of rock throughout the tank. Your better off letting what you have age. Or find a LFS with some good quality live rock and add a couple chunks to seed the tank.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GHOSTLY - this is absolutely correct. Your new rock will be covered in algae and you won’t see the color for a long time.

if you want different shapes, then swapping it makes sense. But it will be covered in algae for a long time.
2 things. I dont like the rock work. I want more holes and more shapes and caves for designs. I also don't like green on white and my tank feels too bright with whites. So I should leave rock along with feeding for a month? Can I use liquid ammonia and bottled bacteria?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be like the tank is newly cycled afterward. Able to support 1 or 2 fish and not ready for coral.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 things. I dont like the rock work. I want more holes and more shapes and caves for designs. I also don't like green on white and my tank feels too bright with whites. So I should leave rock along with feeding for a month? Can I use liquid ammonia and bottled bacteria?
You can use both. A piece of your current rock will have bacteria on it though. But you can use liquid ammonia instead of food.

I’d leave it for a month and have done so many times. You might be able to get away with less time, but I’ve never tried.

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2840.jpg

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recap. I have 20 pounds of marco rock. I hate my scape and my rock colour and want to change it out for live rock. Live rocks too expensive so I settle on caribsea life Rock. Now Im asking how long to cure and cycle caribsea life rock

bro...

caribsea life rock is not a substitute for LIVE ROCK

it's not even the same ball park

if you want Live rock, you want live rock

if you want dry rock, get something else besides live rock

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back