OP
OP
Jerzyray

Jerzyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to run seperate Drain's 1''pvc from each ,with a gate vale on each. There are 4 bulkheads built in to sump so i have the room. also want to ad a t off with ball valve in case i want to run refugieum in the one end of the sump

OP
OP
Jerzyray

Jerzyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are the overflows located in your tank?
they are on the left and right on the back wall of tank. Not sure if i should use 2 sepreate drain lines with 2 gate valves to controle the flow,or connect them at some point with 1 gate valve for tuning/

David Mc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is the same way with overflows in the corners. They are also at the bottom. My Skimz Sumpro 36 has a similar configuration with the drains on one end.

What I did is place the sump all the way to one end of my stand so the drain lines are equal length. Each have their own gate valve.

Tuning is easy. The only problem I have is my Sicce return pump will flow more water than the sump can put into the return chamber.

David Mc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is the same way with overflows in the corners. They are also at the bottom. My Skimz Sumpro 36 has a similar configuration with the drains on one end.

What I did is place the sump all the way to one end of my stand so the drain lines are equal length. Each have their own gate valve.

Tuning is easy. The only problem I have is my Sicce return pump will flow more water than the sump can put into the return chamber.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back