Plumbing flow sensor for external skimmer?

iReefer12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
1,018
Reaction score
877
Location
Boulder, CO
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can I plumb a Neptune flow sensor on the outlet side of an external protein skimmer? Or does it have to be on the inlet side? What’s the consensus?
 
I never put it near an outlet or inlet due to the fear of either one having less or more water due to the fluctuations of when the filter get dirtier it slows down creating water levels to be unstable in each chamber… even tho I have a sump on my 225 I still always have my ATO sensor and Flow sensor on the display tank hidden. *Rear*
 
Well now that I think about it I have a heavy loaded filter, my filter socks get dirty in only 3 days so when I’m not home and I have happened to end up coming home to the flow in my sump at an inch in the return camber.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new