Plumbing glass holes return.

  • Thread starter Thread starter b4tn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Columbia MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my glass holes 1500 in and out came in today. I went ahead and added the little extra $$ to get a second 3/4" return spout and bulkhead with intentions of putting one return spout in each rear corner. I'm just curious what everyone else would do? Tee the line and use one pump for both returns? Only drill for 1 return and save the second for extra parts?

This will be going on a 75 gallon DT with a 20 gallon sump. I have not decided yet but I will be using a Sicce syncra silent 3.0 or a Sicce syncra silent 4.0 pump
 
Agree with the tee!

I tee'd off my return as well....but came up over the top of the tank and then tee'd to four loc-line sets. Here's a picture from the back of the tank:



And yes, that is a 1500 gph Glass-Holes overflow. :D

And here's a shot from the front of the tank:

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new