Plumbing Help needed

killmer700

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well to make a long story short, I purchased three 115 gallon aquarium systems from Alibaba as I wanted to get back into the hobby after a long hiatus as well as introducing my two teenage sons to the hobby hence that's why the three tanks, Well needless to say it has been an ordeal with the seller and workmanship my first problem was the leaking sump improperly glued seams now I come home today and my leak detector is going off and Found that my return line was leaking so we took it apart and pieces literally fell out of the connection!!! Now a little bit more about the tanks they are equipped with what they call an ultra slim overflow which is approximately 15mm wide and spans almost the length of the tank kinda like Neptuneian Cube tanks, said it also has a double bottom where I guess you can say all the Magic happens where the return lines go back into the tank and the overflow and emergency overflow empty into the sump. I have contacted them since my aquariums are supposed to have a three year warranty on them however it'll be two months at least before a replacement would arrive or they've refund my money so in the interim does anybody have an idea on how to fix this



IMG_2339.jpeg

IMG_2344(1).jpeg
 
I purchased three 115 gallon aquarium systems from Alibaba
That seems brave. :)

Well needless to say it has been an ordeal with the seller and workmanship my first problem was the leaking sump improperly glued seams now I come home today and my leak detector is going off and Found that my return line was leaking so we took it apart and pieces literally fell out of the connection!!!
😑

Could be those are junk plastic bulkheads.

But it's also somewhat easy to over-tighten and break them....try to ONLY hand-tighten them....if you HAVE to use a wrench, I wouldn't push it further than 1/8 of a turn that way.

If you can remove the old bulkhead, you can get a replacement appropriate for the hole size. There's a chance it's got metric sized threads though....so be prepared to source a metric unit OR be prepared to change some of your plumbing.
 
Aren't there about 1000 aquarium dealers (incl. manufacturers) in Florida?
 
These appear to be “half” of a bulkhead fitting; the flange and flange side internal threads only… they’re siliconed down to the glass, which is presumably inside the false bottom…

Based on the (admittedly limited) info at my disposal, I’d assume these are entombed under the false bottom during initial assembly, thus quite a mess to even get into replacing, or repairing…
 
Oh my.....I hope that's not true (even tho it probably is). 😬
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new