Plumbing help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wildreefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wildreefs

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
905
Reaction score
405
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got an aqua uv sl 100 uv light. The input and output both have 3 inch unions on them. I want to step this down to one inch.

Went to Home Depot, the only adapters I saw that go from 3 inch to 2 inch were called pvc/dwv. From there I can use a 2 inch to 1 inch threaded fitting for a 1 inch barb.

I don’t believe this dwv fitting is good for tank, or is it? If not, where can I find 3 inch fittings that are pvc?

The pvc there’s at Home Depot goes up to 2 inch before going into that dwv category.

Thank
 
Does 1in provide enough flow for the UV?

Usually the mfgr will tell you the minimum recommended flow. You are cutting the flow by almost 90% by stepping down that far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new