Plumbing help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys I had some great help here on my 40 breeder so I do know how to make the setup. I am doing the bean animal style. 72 Gallon Bow Front with 29G Refugium 3 chamber sump directly below the tank.
My main questions are:

1. Can I use the same setup I used on my 40B (20L sump) that I am using on my 40B? (Picture below)

2. Before I drill, is ONE INCH pvc adequate flow For a 72 Gallon Bow Front with a 29 Gallon 3 chamber refugium sump ?

3. Will the overflow I have for my 40B also be adequate (pictured below) it is 12" wide x 5" tall
x 3.5" deep. Or should I use a coast to coast? What are the benefits if yes.

If everything can be used the same it will make my life easier as the 40B will not have cuttlefish until I buy a house in two years so I can just take all the hardware off of it and transfer it to my 72 once I drill the holes in it. Then I can repurchase the plumbing for the 40B when I am settled in the new place I am moving to in a month. This is why I would like to use the same setup because I can drill it and plumb it tomorrow and then have plenty of time to prepare the sump I am making.

Thanks a lot everyone I really appreciate all of your help. It means a lot to have access to great people and great knowledge !
 
Pics didnt work. 1" should be fine and the sump will depend on how high you drill your overflow and how much water drains when pump is off. As long as the overflow is near the surface a 20 should be fine. If not maybe do the sump on the side of the tank instead of under it.
 
I was thinking of doing a 29 because it's the same dimensions pretty much as a 20L its just taller which would allow for draining below the overflow. I think I just forgot to add the pictures! Here they are:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427445005.440642.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427445018.741243.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new