plumbing in a manifold for future equipment needs

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noob question
I'm plumbing a manifold into one of the return lines on my IM 75EXT . The plumbing was included with the tank ( I built the manifold myself ). Should the open side of the valves on the manifold be capped until used or just left open?
Thanks

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
if the manifold isn't plumbed as a closed loop i would close them off until you add to it. most of the times people add gate/ball valves to close the loop up until they expand and use the manifold.

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the manifold isn't plumbed as a closed loop i would close them off until you add to it. most of the times people add gate/ball valves to close the loop up until they expand and use the manifold.
Thanks for your reply . I have two 1/2 inch ball valves plumbed in for the manifold as well as another ball valve in the 3/4 return line at the front of the manifold . I was wondering if i should cap off the open sides of the 1/2 inch valves until they're attached to something. Right now the open ends are over the floor behind the tank

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for your reply . I have two 1/2 inch ball valves plumbed in for the manifold as well as another ball valve in the 3/4 return line at the front of the manifold . I was wondering if i should cap off the open sides of the 1/2 inch valves until they're attached to something.
as long as the valves are closed, i wouldn't be too worried about having to cap off the other ends. BUT, if it helps ease any anxiety, by all means...

1714072058286.png

:face-with-hand-over-mouth:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back