Plumbing layout feedback please!

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your manifold are you running your GFO/ Carbon reactor off it? I have thought about this, but wasn't sure I would have enough flow for this, I have a Jebao DC 9000 that's controllable, and another concern was me only planning to run a single return on a 75g display....

what are your thoughts? should I add a ball valve and reduce it to use for my reactor?

(not trying to thread jack here, just saw an opportunity to ask a question )

Barnabie
Yep, dual canister from BRS. Mix of GFO and small particle carbon in the first canister and ROX carbon in the second. Slow flow but it makes a difference. Never have used the second outlet off the manifold.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, dual canister from BRS. Mix of GFO and small particle carbon in the first canister and ROX carbon in the second. Slow flow but it makes a difference. Never have used the second outlet off the manifold.

do you think I would have an issue if I were to run a manifold like that with it only having 1 return?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you think I would have an issue if I were to run a manifold like that with it only having 1 return?
I don't think so, you can adjust the flow of each outlet with a ball valve. If anything you'll have better back pressure to the outlet(s) than I do, so higher potential flow.

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The circled fitting looks like a hose barb with a locking collar? Where did you get it?

20191030_155026.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back