Plumbing on used tank making me nervous

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I not be able to plumb both overflows into a herbie style? What if I connect both drains so that I can split them into two filter socks and make the emergency drains into my first sump compartment?
Yes you can if you negate the returns which is what you said you may do I believe.

OP
OP
TortillaMan

TortillaMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how a double megaflow Herbie style gets done.
The only thing I would do different is the small hole the drain and large the emergency.

How would I do that? Someone said that I cannot make both overflows a Herbie and one would be a Durso. I was just looking at that thing, and for some reason my returns are plumbed with a bulkhead as in as in I don’t know who, but there is a hole in my overflow outside where the fish go is not the piping. this home was plugged with a bulkhead and my return lines were connected there. This does seem to throw a wrench into the plans. I can easily figure out a way to do my returns, but that bulkhead where my returns are is very concerning and odd.
IMG_2798.jpeg

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I do that? Someone said that I cannot make both overflows a Herbie and one would be a Durso. I was just looking at that thing, and for some reason my returns are plumbed with a bulkhead as in as in I don’t know who, but there is a hole in my overflow outside where the fish go is not the piping. this home was plugged with a bulkhead and my return lines were connected there. This does seem to throw a wrench into the plans. I can easily figure out a way to do my returns, but that bulkhead where my returns are is very concerning and odd.
IMG_2798.jpeg
Simply patch the hole. If you can find black plastic or even plexiglass rtv it in.
The guy in the video explains in detail how he set up both Mega flows as a herbie. It's simple to do and to all the naysayers, watch the video.

OP
OP
TortillaMan

TortillaMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply patch the hole. If you can find black plastic or even plexiglass rtv it in.
The guy in the video explains in detail how he set up both Mega flows as a herbie. It's simple to do and to all the naysayers, watch the video.
I’ve actually seen the video multiple times because I wanted to do a 90g Aqueon reef ready. I’ll check out other videos like this.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back