Plumbing Question - Space-Limited

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I successfully converted the metric-plumbed drains on my Waterbox 100.3 to 1” drains. Now, I am in the process of figuring out how to plumb my return. It has been converted from metric to 3/4”, and now I’m compiling a list of parts to order.

I want to have a manifold so that I can plumb in my UV sterilizer and algae reactor. Since those items need specific rates of flow, I want to add flow sensors to my Apex so that I can monitor the flow rates for blockages or slowdowns. I’d also like to place one on the return to monitor the return punp’s flow.

I received a recommendation to put a ball valve above the manifold, before the return to the tank, so that I can create backpressure to supply the manifold. However, after looking inside of my stand, I don’t know that I have the room for a valve, return flow sensor, and the remaining fittings.

0C75FE2A-B92B-4A60-AE4B-9B0486485899.jpeg

What is the best way that I can add a valve, manifold connection fitting, and flow sensor, while still allowing me to have some room for a manifold?

This is my first time plumbing anything, so it’s a bit overwhelming.

Should I skip the flow sensor on the return and just Use them on the manifold taps?

Thank you!

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like a better option for my situation would be to use a 1” flow sensor and appropriate fittings on the return and use a separate pump to supply a manifold. That will give me more control over the system and likely allow maintenance to be smoother.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back