plumbing questions

Hats_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a reefer 350 and i run a tied in frag tank on top of my sump and i run a chiller. both are on their own pump since that was what was easiest for me at the time. now recently i have been thinking of adding a manifold to be able to remove the extra pumps and save some space and power sockets.

for the frag tank it is kind of a no brainer but the chiller is a different story. the pump currently pulls water from the main sump compartment, goes through the chiller and then into the pump chamber. this was all the cool water goes into the display. if i were to use the manifold it will cost me cooling efficiency since the "same water" can pass through the chiller multiple times... do people run their systems like this with no issues or should i just keep the pump for the chiller?

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my chiller feeds from the manifold off the return then the chiller drops back into the centre chamber... I think the flow through the chiller is small in comparison to the total return volume of the return. I dont think it will be an issue

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back