Plumbing sump help 90gal.

ChunkyBlenny14

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
5
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time plumbing a tank, been kinda overwhelmed.. I'm doing pcv. Could use some advice, right now I have 1" pvc I plan to slip/glue into my (800gph) Eshopps eclipse M overflow 1x drain 1x emergency. Can I just run it that way or do I need pvc in the overflow for herbie method etc? Also is a ball valve really that bad? Having hard time spending 50$ on a gate valve I potentially only will use a couple times on the drain to dial in the flow into the 29gal sump. The overflow drain will go straight down with 2x 45 degree into sock section, should I make that section detachable via union?
I bought a 1320gph controllable dc pump. I have 2x return bulkheads that have 3/4 loc line. Should I run 3/4 pvc from pump to returns? Gonna have to T and go into the return bulkhead, this is my biggest question. The bulkhead is threaded inside and outside, do I connect on the inside and glue? So a male 90 adapter is what I need ? , I don't really plan on anything fancy manifold wise etc. Do I need check valve on each return or is that not a thing anymore? How many coupling or unions will I need for this setup? I want to connect pump to pvc mounted top of my stand, where can I find silicone tubing?

Thanks for the help, this is the last thing keeping me from getting the tank wet . Just want to get it done. I can post pics for reference when I get home if needed.
 
i put unions on everything if you have have to remove somthing its worth it . as for ball valve spend the money and get a gate its worth it and makes it way easier to tune
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new