Plumbing sump help 90gal.

ChunkyBlenny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time plumbing a tank, been kinda overwhelmed.. I'm doing pcv. Could use some advice, right now I have 1" pvc I plan to slip/glue into my (800gph) Eshopps eclipse M overflow 1x drain 1x emergency. Can I just run it that way or do I need pvc in the overflow for herbie method etc? Also is a ball valve really that bad? Having hard time spending 50$ on a gate valve I potentially only will use a couple times on the drain to dial in the flow into the 29gal sump. The overflow drain will go straight down with 2x 45 degree into sock section, should I make that section detachable via union?
I bought a 1320gph controllable dc pump. I have 2x return bulkheads that have 3/4 loc line. Should I run 3/4 pvc from pump to returns? Gonna have to T and go into the return bulkhead, this is my biggest question. The bulkhead is threaded inside and outside, do I connect on the inside and glue? So a male 90 adapter is what I need ? , I don't really plan on anything fancy manifold wise etc. Do I need check valve on each return or is that not a thing anymore? How many coupling or unions will I need for this setup? I want to connect pump to pvc mounted top of my stand, where can I find silicone tubing?

Thanks for the help, this is the last thing keeping me from getting the tank wet . Just want to get it done. I can post pics for reference when I get home if needed.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i put unions on everything if you have have to remove somthing its worth it . as for ball valve spend the money and get a gate its worth it and makes it way easier to tune

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back