Plumbing WC for Nuvo 200 EXT help!

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short Version:

Nuvo EXT 200 on one side of the wall, utility room with saltwater mixing station and in floor drain on other side, with cement floor. Trying to figure out the best way to set it up for AWC and regular water changes where I siphon the sand. I need a clean way to run everything through the wall and use it while keeping it looking clean.

Long Version:

I’m currently setting up a new tank and looking for input on best way to setup the water changes. The biggest saltwater tank I have had to date was a biocube. (I have had a few 75g freshwater tanks a long time ago). I place an order for a nuvo ext 200 that should be here in Sept.

The tank is going to be placed in my office. On the other side of the wall that the tank is going to be placed is my utility room. In that room I have a saltwater mixing station setup with two 55-gallon containers. This room also has an in-floor drain with a cement floor.

The current plan was to run two small lines through the wall for AWC with a DOS and apex, and just drain wastewater into the floor drain. But what happens when I need to clean sand? Is there a good way to setup something for that?

I was thinking I could run a 1” PVC pipe from the floor drain through the wall with the tank. At the tank side I could just finish the pip at the wall with threads, that way when I want to siphon the tank I can just screw a hose to the threads and I can now siphon though the wall without carrying any buckets? The PVC would be clamped onto the wood and cement to keep it from being moved/bumped..

Even if that works OK for the drain, how do I pump new water to the tank? It seems hard to control a pump on the other side of the wall, plus every time I go to unthread it at the wall I feel like some water from the tube will still spill onto the wall?

Now I feel like I am over complicating this and there was got to be a good way to utilize the saltwater mixing station and drain on the other side of the wall.

Any ideas or input is always greatly appreciated, and I know you guys are smarter than me!

garyfri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you thought about maybe a manifold with a gate valve at the aquarium then you could control the water filling the tank after the utility room is running.

I ordered mine and supposed to be here in July. i guess we will see.

OP
OP
C

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to think about that for a little bit to get it, but that sounds like it might work. I was thinking this morning that I also might just be over complicating this. I found one of these brush wall plates online. I could put one of these in next to the tank. When its time for a water change, just push the hoses through. When done push them back into the utility room. I could also install a light switch next to the brush plate to turn on and off the pump used to fill the tank.

If this ends up working, great! Hopefully it helps someone else. If someone has an even cleaner way let me know! I was supposed to get the tank in Sept, but just got told it shipped today so I guess I need to get to work!
216291.jpg

216291.jpg

OP
OP
C

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure why there are two images above, and can't seem to delete one. Sorry for the clutter.

Back