Plumbing

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So In gonna replumb my reefer 750xxl I want to put the emergency pipe in the refugium section will that be ok or does it need to be where the filter socks section is

twwety

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what most people do but my thought was that the emergency drain tends to skim the surface with the main drain being submerged so for that reason I have mine going into a sock.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emergency will ‘skim the surface’ if dual drain herbie, but remain above the water level and dry in a three drain bean. Either way, doesn’t matter where the output is in the sump.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I first set it up it was submerged along side the main drain it was never dry don’t know why Red Sea did it like that on my old set up I had the emergency with a bulkhead in the refugium section so not sure if I can’t do it like that wanted to get opinion

N3mo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my emergency sits next to the filter roller above the water. Dont think the placement is important long as you can hear it when main syphon gets blocked.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a Herbie, which is what all Red Sea Reefer tanks run. I have the primary full siphon line going into the sock chamber and the secondary trickle line dumping into the refugium section of my sump without issue. If that’s what you want to do, then go for it... you’ll be fine.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back