Plumbing

fancy_fish101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
316
Reaction score
83
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to plumb a 75 gallon tank. I’m wanting to do black and red for the pvc. Can I spray paint the pvc? Also any tips for making it look sleek and fancy looking?
 
IMG_4308.jpeg
 
I painted all my pvc plumbing. Sand with fine grit, just to rough up the surface for a better bond. Clean the dust, I like to use alcohol and a rag as this cleans/preps the surface. Spray lightly, use multiple coats to avoid runs. Most spray paints will be reef-safe.
 
Very nice setup, how do you like the eshopps overflow?
Thank you. So far I’ve only really tested it a little bc I’m running a canister filter until I get my power heads put in. It was easy to set up though. Only minor complaint I have is that the lid on it warps from humidity, which I was kind of surprised with as it’s all acrylic - but I guess acrylic does warp. It’s difficult to notice though, so minor complaint. Otherwise it’s been working very well
 
I painted all my pvc plumbing. Sand with fine grit, just to rough up the surface for a better bond. Clean the dust, I like to use alcohol and a rag as this cleans/preps the surface. Spray lightly, use multiple coats to avoid runs. Most spray paints will be reef-safe.
Awesome, thank you. Planning to do a in tank bean animal over flow. Will look like this when done. Thank you for the help.
IMG_3908.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new