Plywood sump.

RELLIK-REEF

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2018
Messages
843
Reaction score
603
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not beautiful but it functions perfectly. Left the outside raw so that we could see moisture in the wood if there were any issues but after sitting full for 3 days there's no wetness. It will be going in tomorrow. 57x18x21 93 gallons 20gal for the fuge. I'm hoping this works a little better than what I'm using now.
20190220_135059.jpeg
 
Its not beautiful but it functions perfectly. Left the outside raw so that we could see moisture in the wood if there were any issues but after sitting full for 3 days there's no wetness. It will be going in tomorrow. 57x18x21 93 gallons 20gal for the fuge. I'm hoping this works a little better than what I'm using now.
20190220_135059.jpeg
Forgot this one.
20190220_155525.jpeg
 
Looks good but at the very least I Would use some very good penetrating Sealer on it,
 
What did you use as a liner on the interior? I assume that's 3/4" ply? How long are the screws, and did you also glue the joints?
 
Looks great. What do you use to paint/ seal the inside?
 
That looks awesome. I've always wanted to build a plywood tank but don't have the space to build one big enough to make it worth it. Good luck with it!
 
That looks awesome. I've always wanted to build a plywood tank but don't have the space to build one big enough to make it worth it. Good luck with it!
Thanks. This was our trial. I'm going to run this for a month or so and watch it carefully, then start a 750gal plywood FOWLR.
 
I currently have I 220g display with a 180g sump. The sump I have now I made from an old glass tank I had. I have been contemplating building a plywood sump though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new