Plywood tank?

bclark1289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like some ideas, thoughts, advice on making a plywood tank. I heard some about them and saw a couple videos with people who had them. I would just like some real world thoughts and advice on the matter. Go nuts photos opinions thoughts lets see and hear em all.

captainsaquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha pretty pricey. Not as bad as an all acrylic 500 gallon tank though. It would shave off several thousand easy. Still pricey but it is what it is. Just depends on your budget and what you want to accomplish. Plywood can work just make sure you really study it and get some good advice from a veteran. I have never built a plywood tank I have just worked in some.

OP
OP
bclark1289

bclark1289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll I would like a bigger tank eventually and love making my own stuff so I figured hey why not make a tank

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of crazy huge tanks on mfk. Some cool heating options too. Using the homes water heater on a closed loop. A friend of mine just set up a pool in his basement, 4' deep 12' diameter and is using the water heater method. He is a MGK guy all the way
As for your tank build. I had planned on building one years ago and decided not to, but did ton of reasesrch. I would check out Garf.org they have a tank building feature that allows you to plug in your dimensions and will give you cut list and step by step on it. Consider 8x4x4. That way the base and back dont need to be cut just put in place Also Glasscaged.com for your viewing glass. Far cheaper than any were else.
Looking forward yo this build thread

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back