OP
OP
N

neMo40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have an update on your fish babies?
Catastrophic! !!!!!. I lost every fish besides a blue regal tang. A blue streak cleaner wrasse and a blue damsel . I treated with ruby rally pro. I would like to think I saved the 3 fish but I do not think they really ever showed any sighns . They never lost appetite like the others they never really had the film/ mucus on them. My bursa trigger at the very end looked as if his skin started to actually peel off. As well as the puffer fish I tried my best to save them all.I now have 3 tanks one hospital tank .a qt
and my dt. So I will take it as lesson learned. I wish I had a microscope so I could have found exactly what I was/am dealing with velvet/brook late stage ich. From the advice I was giving on here from most I assume it was brooklynella but then I read and I'm like maybe it's velvet. Idk..at this point I have 3 in qt and planning to fallow the dt . Unfortunately my snow flake is still in the dt. I just can not catch him my tank is aquascaped I really do not want to destroy it. So debating on treating with him inside. But I've read on here some say don't some say tank can fallow with him inside etc etc. To bad they do not make test kits for ich velvet/brook like they do covid test. Or maybe they do.idk still hung up on snow flake at the moment he's seems as normal still eating healthy no spots .

jellifishi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, no. I'm so sorry! I would let the tank sit for as long as you can, and then quarantine any new future ones. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sorry we couldn't help in time. I'm not 100% educated about eels as much as I want to, but everyone has their own opinions. If you really can't catch him, treating him regardless wouldn't be a bad choice.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back