Po4 sudden drop 0.00

amsterdam_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my phosphate was 0.05 but today it is 0.00 does anyone know how this drop can occur?

Im just won a dino outbrake that lasted me 2 months cuz of hitting po4 0.00 is do t wanna start over fighting it

The only thing i changed in the tank are a couple of new corals mostly frags and i used epoxy clay

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Hanna test kit too. My PO4 hover between 0 to .04 between days too. On the day the test kit show 0 ppm, I dose enough P04 into the water to get a reading of .04 . About 2 days later my P04 will drop back down to 0. In my case, I have lot of chaeto in my sump sucking up the PO4

OP
OP
amsterdam_reefer

amsterdam_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Hanna test kit too. My PO4 hover between 0 to .04 between days too. On the day the test kit show 0 ppm, I dose enough P04 into the water to get a reading of .04 . About 2 days later my P04 will drop back down to 0. In my case, I have lot of chaeto in my sump sucking up the PO4
Im not using a refugium and i only have 1 fish and a fair amount of corals mix of lps sps and softies do they use po4 to heal up maybe?

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not using a refugium and i only have 1 fish and a fair amount of corals mix of lps sps and softies do they use po4 to heal up maybe?
I think all the corals need NO3 and PO4 to grow. Birdsnest, Zoa and ....some other coral love to have trace amount of NO3 and PO4 in the water. I kept my NO3 at 7ppm and PO4 around 0.04 and everything growing well with good color.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The normal phosphate 713

It only claims accuracy of +/- 0.04 ppm. So all of those values you report may represent unchanged tank levels. Anything between 0.00 and 0.08 ppm might all be 0.04 ppm. :)

OP
OP
amsterdam_reefer

amsterdam_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all the corals need NO3 and PO4 to grow. Birdsnest, Zoa and ....some other coral love to have trace amount of NO3 and PO4 in the water. I kept my NO3 at 7ppm and PO4 around 0.04 and everything growing well with good color.

It only claims accuracy of +/- 0.04 ppm. So all of those values you report may represent unchanged tank levels. Anything between 0.00 and 0.08 ppm might all be 0.04 ppm. :)

Thats true could it be that the new batch of satchels made that diffrence cus yesterday i had the last one of the prior bach satchels
Is the ulr more accurate or doesnt it matter

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be incorrect, but i think this is the New ULR as it test range is 0.00-2.50. this version just shows you the actual number instead of trying to convert it.

Edit: Above post answered my question.

OP
OP
amsterdam_reefer

amsterdam_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday i also to dose a little po4+ from ocean arts
today it still reads 0.00 so i upped the dose with 2ml should i continue dosing po4+
or should i do a water change with a dose of po4+

or should i get the ulr phosphate or phosforus checker?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday i also to dose a little po4+ from ocean arts
today it still reads 0.00 so i upped the dose with 2ml should i continue dosing po4+
or should i do a water change with a dose of po4+

or should i get the ulr phosphate or phosforus checker?

Dose more if you want a higher level. A water change won't help.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much more should i dose or should i up the dose everyday till its measurable

That's a reasonable plan, assuming the have confidence in the test. You might double check it by measuring 10 minutes after dosing to be sure it works.

OP
OP
amsterdam_reefer

amsterdam_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update yesterday i dosed a little to much po4 from 0.00 to 0.16 (i know im a lil idiot :) )so i did a water chance now it is 0.10 i know that sudden spikes are not good but should i leave i like this? I dont want to mess around that much with a lot of swings

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back