pocillopora Polluting my tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kershaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kershaw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,504
Location
sacramento, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had this large pocillopora colony that I took out today and took to lfs. It was shadowing its self, so as it grew the bottom would die. I was just wondering if this could be the cause of random Algae blooms.
 
Die off of the base could add organics feeding the algae bloom. Unless you have the large colony in a very small tank I'd bet there are other factors that are causing algae blooms. Are you talking about hair algae, bryopsis, turf, or just a green film on the glass?
 
Just green film. It comes and goes. The colony was about the size of a soft ball. It wasn't very nice looking and took allot of space. You could smell the die off when you pull it out of water. All my other coral looks amazing. Just random blooms
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new