Pocillopora taking over

Guttersnipe

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2018
Messages
745
Reaction score
771
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R

Here’s my situation. Im fairly new to keeping sps and put a poccilopora in my tank about a year ago. I didn’t know about it being such a fast grower and how much they spread. Now my tank has small colonies growing almost everywhere in my tank.
Should I just leave it and let nature take its course or should I take out what I can? Have any of you guys just let it take over your tank? I’m thinking it my look pretty cool.
Thanks!
 
It is up to you. The stuff can kill other acropora that get close to it. I have a no poci rule because of this.
 
I'm moving my tank in about 2 weeks and one of the reasons I'm completely redoing my rock work is I have pocillopora EVERYWHERE. I am literally going to chip off my desirable acro colonies and bring them over rather than risk pocillopora in the tank redo. I even have a couple poci colonies growing on large grains of sand on the bottom of the tank haha

It's a cool coral, don't get me wrong, but I don't want an entire tank of it. Especially when I have some Battlecorals that are getting stung.
 
Ok. I will be taking out what I have access to. They’re growing all over in my tank. Some are hard to reach.
Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new