Pod Farming for Mandarin

  • Thread starter Thread starter bensoo00
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bensoo00

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2023
Messages
236
Reaction score
53
Location
Blue Bell
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I am keeping a fun little mandarin in a 40B and I have 3 gallon jars of pods I try to cultivate. He is quite the fat little guy and I was just wondering how often I should harvest from the jars. I usually do 2-3 days or when I flash a light and I see a million of them swimming towards it. I was also wondering if this would be sustainable for another dragonet in the future or if I should just set up more jars, which is totally doable.

Now it’s time to cultivate phyto
 
I let My pods party and it works wonders. I used to never let them cut loose and have fun and I never saw any hardly ever and when I did they just kinda moped around. Once I lifted the curfew and changed hair algae to a class 2 algae my pods have been thriving like this.

 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new