TDO Pellet Alternatives for Mandarin Dragonets

Yeah I definitely have to feed heavier to make sure the mandarins get enough to eat. They also don't see out pellets, they only eat the ones they stumble across.
I have a thin black tube in the back corner of the tank. It goes all the way from the surface to just above the sand. I use a pipette to squeeze soaked pellets down into the tube. Then I surface feed the other fish. My mandarin gets to eat the sunk pellets in peace while the other fish eat at the surface. He's trained to look for the pellets falling out of the tube, and he gets every pellet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new