Pods

Shell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How hard is it to raise your own Copepods? I have a sump, how long will they live in a sump?
My tank is 18years old and I finally added a mandarin, they it up to 500 a day. Can it be done in a 3 gallon tank?

mr fixit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toss some macro in the sump n seed it with pods they will breed in the sump and use a daylight flood lamp for the macro my mandrin likes frozen brine if u want to try frozen foods thaw it out n use a small turkey baster or medicine dropper s squirt a lil bit by him he should eat it right away

mr fixit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How hard is it to raise your own Copepods? I have a sump, how long will they live in a sump?
My tank is 18years old and I finally added a mandarin, they it up to 500 a day. Can it be done in a 3 gallon tank?
My goby
20150319_213301.jpg

OP
OP
Shell

Shell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I just put about 1000 in my sump, some in my over flow were there is some grassie plant growing.

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is 18 years old and you've never had a mandarin up to this point, I think it's safe to say you should be extremely good on pod populations. They do their own thing and don't require anything in the way of extra care or input from us.

OP
OP
Shell

Shell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I put pods in this small area in some there is live rock and filter media in that space?

image.jpg

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its fairly cheap and easy to hatch baby brine and cost about $7 to make a slow release feeder. Thats how I go about it. Bur if its eating frozen you are set.

OP
OP
Shell

Shell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby brine has no nutritional value.

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will retract that statement. Not because its untrue but because its debatable depending on the origin and grade of your brine eggs. But I will say I have a 30 gallon fuge loaded with pods of all kinds. And my male manderin was slowly getting thinner. I could see his bones. I started feeding baby brine because he would not touch any frozen food. Within a month he looked healthier. While I would not call him a fatty he is much better now. My female is a fatty. Sry if I mislead.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.5%
Back