Pods !

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long does it take for pods to start showing up in numbers ? Does anyone does regularly to keep up numbers or let it be natural ?

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had tons of pods start popping up when my tank was 3-4 month old, but population thinned substantially at about 8-9 months. Nitrates and phosphates were higher when I had more pods and as both dropped so did the pod population. Tank is about 14 months old now and i have added a leopard wrasse but i still see pods when i look for them.

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the tank and there food source. In a polluted style tank like mine, I have a ton, but in a sterile tank you would get less. However, both would be able to produce enough to support a dragonet

devilhunt1231

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep topping up my pod amount as I have quite a few wrasse that tend to pod hunt and a pair of mandarin too.

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long does it take for pods to start showing up in numbers ? Does anyone does regularly to keep up numbers or let it be natural ?
Theres always a huge boom in population when first establishing your tank. Eventually the pod population will balance itself out. If you have a large enough system with a fuge then it may not be necessary to have to add them. If you have a system that is a small and has more pod eating fish then you may need to add them to your system every once in a while. I have a 100g tank and a 20g fuge that includes 2 leopards and a tamarin wrasse. They constantly pick at the rocks for pods all day long so I order pods every few months. I judge when I need to order by looking at night with a flash light. If I see a ton of pods roaming all over Im good, if not, I order more.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back