Point and Shoot help

  • Thread starter Thread starter seaweed88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seaweed88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
209
Reaction score
5
Location
Indiana 46514
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still can not afford a DSLR. Can you guys point me to some information on how to take the best pictures with a point ans shoot camera?
Thanks Mark
 
I have a Fuji which I am going to give a try. I have a Nikon and a Canon SLR but have not been able to buy a DSLR. Someday....
 
The main issue you're going to run into, when comparing DSLR to P&S, is "Shutter Lag." This is the time it takes, for the camera to actually take the photo, after you press the shutter release button. P&S are notorious for long shutter lag. The Canon G series is a great compromise, between the two. It's more of an advanced P&S Camera. Unfortunately, they're expensive, compared to a lot of P&S cameras. If you can find a good deal on a used G10 or higher, snap it up!!
 
Here are a couple of pictures taken with this Fujifilm.
brownacro2.jpg
brownacro3.jpg
pencil.png
 
Those pics are not bad at all.
I went out and invested in a dslr with a $600 macro lens and to be honest, I prefer to use my point and shoot.

I have an Olympus Stylus Tough (Waterproof) and the pictures come out really good and its so much easier to shoot with compared to the dslr.
The camera is about $300 but im sure you can find it cheaper.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new