• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PolandSprings Zoa Growout

OP
OP
poomba

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We also have my Clementines that are left. We lost the shazaams, rastas, d ball zs, and space monsters. The shazaams are being grown out for us as a replacement frag by polandsprings. Caudill is hooking us up with rastas and space monsters.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont wanna be a stickler here, but we are coming up on 2 months since we have heard anything from Poomba..... Would love to know how our grow out is proceeding..Pics would be great...

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey poomba, was hoping for a picture update. And if we could find out about the ones polandspring is growing for us that would be great.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I hope all is well with all.

I wanted to update the group about a few things. First off, I fragged the Woodstocks, Clementines, Dragonballz's, and Bowsers. Despite the odds of fragging one colony into 6 and having a good outcome, most of the frags lived. What sucks is that only 4 of the Bowser frags looks like it's gonna make it. They do have a reputation for being difficult to frag so maybe that's the culprit. Anyway, the good news is that I originally cut two-polyp frags so I'll be able to frag one or two of those in a week or so to make sure everyone gets a frag.

I should be able to frag the blue hornets, blue lagoons, god of wars, rainbow kazoos, space monsters, and mandarins this or next week. I need to look again, but my rastas may be close to ready too. Hopefully we can get everything fragged, get some pics up soon and move towards shipping. The purple hornets shrunk down to one polyp, I have 3 pink hippos, and the cotton candy PE's are shriveled. The freddy kruegers melted on us. I don't see any reason to wait on the stragglers but am certainly open to suggestions from the group.

I discussed having to purchase some supplies with a couple of group members. I spent about $80. I'll be using a friends Fedex account with a huge discount so should be able to get everything shipped Fedex priority to each member for around $60 (includes specimen cups, insulated box, aragonite frag plugs, heat packs, etc)

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg, First let me thank you for the effort u have put forth. U have done an amazing job. I also, don't really see the need to hold up shipping the majority of the stuff bc of a few polyps. As for me, if the stragglers live, keep them.. But thats just me. Looks like u need like $80 bux or so form each of us. Agreed? Please post ur paypal or let us know where to send the money. And again, I thank you for your efforts.. Paul C.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg, First let me thank you for the effort u have put forth. U have done an amazing job. I also, don't really see the need to hold up shipping the majority of the stuff bc of a few polyps. As for me, if the stragglers live, keep them.. But thats just me. Looks like u need like $80 bux or so form each of us. Agreed? Please post ur paypal or let us know where to send the money. And again, I thank you for your efforts.. Paul C.

Agree with paul c. Let us know exact amounts and PayPal.

Thanks guys. It's been fun and I'm glad I could help with it. That being said, it has solidified my opinion that despite popular opinion, zoas can be one of the touchiest corals to keep. Overall though, I think things are turning out well and I'm excited about the packs you guys will be getting.

I fragged the Rainbow Kazoos, Mandarins, and God of Wars today. So far so good.

I'm not sure about the exact cost yet but it should be less than $80, probably more like $60-$70 with my buddy's discount. In a couple of weeks or so, I'll need PM's from all of you guys with full name, shipping address, email, and phone number for the fedex labels. I'll send you the paypal address then.

Happy Reefing.......

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update Greg. I appreciate all the effort you have put into this grow out for us. Let us know if you need anything else.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see some photos greg!! I'm glad this growout did well for the most part. I am still growing out your shazaams, however, my 10p colony is on the verge of melting, if they surive, I'll keep growing out the shazaam replacements for you, if I lose my colony, I hope you guys understand that I cant get rid of my last few polyps.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.......As some of you know, the Bowsers didn't take the original fragging well - true to their reputation I suppose. 3 of the original 6 frags survived. The fragging seemed to originally go well but the universe decided that the outcome would be different.

Anyway, I recut two 2-polyp frags into one polyp frags hoping to end up with 5 1-polyp frags total. The fragging again seemed to go well but pray, or send positive energy this way, or whatever you do to help them live :)

I also fragged the remaining Space Monsters from my collection, Blue Lagoons, and Blue Hornets today. This I hope concludes the fragging so when the dust settles, we can start planning to ship.

I'll let everyone know how things turn out.

G

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for the update Greg. U really have down an amazing job for the group. Thanks Paul

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I recut the Bowsers and two of the 4 new frags looks bad. I fear the worst. This will leave us with three 1-polyp frags. I really wish I had better news.

How does the group think we should proceed? I am willing to send two of them out now with the rest of the stuff and keep the frag that looks most mature. I could grow this one out and get it shipped to the two who never got one. Hopefully we could have a couple more polyps in a couple of months and I could send them out with the Pink Hippos.

Everything else looks great.

Any other thoughts?

:sorry:

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Greg. Again thanks for ur updates and ur efforts with this grow out. Im open to what ever the group decides is the best option for us. As for me, i'd personally feel more comfortable with you holding all the bowers just incase. What if the one u keep melts? At least you'd have 3 frags to grow out the 5 we are hoping for. And i guess for me personally, doesn't make sense to ship twice. I have complete confidence in you, and know things happen. But am ok with you holding my part of this grow out until the bowers hopefully are ready. But totally understand if you want to clean out ur tank of other peoples stuff. Just let me know. Thanks Paul C.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%

Back