• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PolandSprings Zoa Growout

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Greg. Again thanks for ur updates and ur efforts with this grow out. Im open to what ever the group decides is the best option for us. As for me, i'd personally feel more comfortable with you holding all the bowers just incase. What if the one u keep melts? At least you'd have 3 frags to grow out the 5 we are hoping for. And i guess for me personally, doesn't make sense to ship twice. I have complete confidence in you, and know things happen. But am ok with you holding my part of this grow out until the bowers hopefully are ready. But totally understand if you want to clean out ur tank of other peoples stuff. Just let me know. Thanks Paul C.

I'm open to this too. I just wanted to get some room freed up in the zoa tank....it's pretty full :)

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some photos from today. The Bowser thing really really sucks but I think it's a cool growout overall.....

Dragonballz'

IMGP2617.JPG

Blue Lagoons

IMGP2614.JPG

ARC Woodstocks (cool ones...rare these days....originally colony croaked I think)

IMGP2611.JPG

Can't go wrong with Tyree Space Monsters

IMGP2610.JPG

Blue Hornets
IMGP2608.JPG

Orange Mandarins

IMGP2603.JPG

God of Wars

IMGP2601.JPG

Clementines

IMGP2600.JPG

Bowsers
IMGP2598.JPG

Joe's Rainbow Kazoos!!!!!!

IMGP2597.JPG

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for a great grow out!! What lighting did you grows these under? Everything looks good!

Thanks. I grew them under 1:1 ATI Blue Plus and ATI aquablue special T5's. The color looks better in person. I keep my zoas in a seperate tank and use Seachem reef plus as a supplement. The tank is higher nutrient than my mixed reef.

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, everything worked out great! Ready for another!? lol jk.. but not really.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the choice right now is does Greg keep all the bowsers and ship everything else or ship out one or two of the bowsers. Now my 400g system has been up and running for a while and is pretty stable. I also have a 3 polyp frag of shazaams for "collateral" if the bowser does melt on me. I have access to a band saw to cut and have shipped in the past. If we wanted to spread the risk around I would have no problem taking them on. Now I had some trouble with zoas making the transfer over from my old system, but everything that made the transfer has been growing and looks awesome. I will get some zoa eye candy up for you all later. If you want to see my system look here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/99208-my-elos-160-xl-build.html

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the choice right now is does Greg keep all the bowsers and ship everything else or ship out one or two of the bowsers. Now my 400g system has been up and running for a while and is pretty stable. I also have a 3 polyp frag of shazaams for "collateral" if the bowser does melt on me. I have access to a band saw to cut and have shipped in the past. If we wanted to spread the risk around I would have no problem taking them on. Now I had some trouble with zoas making the transfer over from my old system, but everything that made the transfer has been growing and looks awesome. I will get some zoa eye candy up for you all later. If you want to see my system look here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/99208-my-elos-160-xl-build.html

Not a bad Idea. I could owe a polyp to one person and he could owe a polyp to someone else ??????

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, lets be clear. The Bowsers DID NOT have any problems growing in Greg's system. The issues were after cutting. So, if i look at this "potential solution", I'd say theres more risk shipping these palys vs, leaving them be to finish growing in Greg's tank. But i am only one voice in this group. So, if this is what the group decides, i will have to accept.

And I understand Greg is running out of room. So, if he wants to clear some of his tank space we should accept his request. Not to throw anymore curves into this, But mnat, depending on where u are in NJ, we may be a few hours apart. Im planning on going to TN in april for the frag swap, and to meet D.williams. So, maybe the 3 of us split shipping, and mnat and i can arrange a meeting so i could pick up my and Dan's Bowser..and hand deliver to Dan in person. Input from mnat and D.Williams.....

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking zoa frags guys the grower definetly knows what he is doing goodluck with shipping

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Greg has been gracious enough to do this growout for us, and he would like to clear some space, I recommend shipping everything except the bowsers. That way he has space and we are not stressing the most expensive piece any more than needed. Then once the bowser has been fragged up with enough for everyone we worry about that one. I'm fine with mine going to Paul like he mentioned earlier, but I think we may still be a while u til there are enough for everyone because of losses due to fragging. Would that be OK with you Greg?

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If greg wants to han onto the bowsers I am cool with that as well. I think we just need to set a shipping date so he can clear some room.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm cool with hanging on to them and growing them out, with one caveat: God willing, I'm moving at the end of July and will need to have things distributed appropriately by then. This should give us time to grow a few more polyps and if not, we can make alternative arrangements. I also have some Rastas and the Pink Hippos that would be ready by then.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm cool with hanging on to them and growing them out, with one caveat: God willing, I'm moving at the end of July and will need to have things distributed appropriately by then. This should give us time to grow a few more polyps and if not, we can make alternative arrangements. I also have some Rastas and the Pink Hippos that would be ready by then.

That sounds good to me, if everyone else is good with this, let's set a ship date. What do you need from us?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all are on board for me to ship what I have and hang on to the bowsers to grow out with the others we can plan to start shipping. From each person, I'll need a private message that contains:

1. Full name
2. Shipping Address
3. email for tracking info
4. phone number for fedex
5. Good days of the week for you to get corals delivered.
6. $75 each that will cover overnight priority shipping and supplies (aragonite frag tiles, boxes, heat packs, urine cups, etc.).

I need to order some boxes. I'm thinking I can start shipping early next week. I can probably do two boxes on any given day but need to space things out some. I've been crazy busy.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just an update, I received my package today and all I can say is wow! They came in at 11am. I was not home so my wife stuck them in the sump until I got home at 5. When I out them in the tank, half were already open! 2 hours later they are all wide open, BTW, these space monster skirts are rediculous! Great job Greg! This is one sick pack. All in all, this grow out was a success! The bowsers and pink hippos will just be icing on the cake!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back