Poll: Favorite Starfish

What is Your Favorite Starfish? - (Discuss reasons in thread)

• Brittles

Votes: 119 24.5%
  • Serpents

Votes: 56 11.5%
  • Sand Sifters

Votes: 66 13.6%
  • Sea Stars (Fromia) - Red/Orange/Burgandy

Votes: 83 17.1%
  • Linckias

Votes: 119 24.5%
  • Red Knobs

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Chocolate Chips

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 27 5.6%

• Total voters
OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other: Micro brittle stars

@dbl -- Every time you make one of these threads it's always me that picks "other" lol.

@Rakie, I'm beginning to think you're just a contrarian...lol. But this time, I actually have Brittles as the first option, I just didn't specify "micro". As the old saying goes, there's always tomorrow!!!

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie, I'm beginning to think you're just a contrarian...lol. But this time, I actually have Brittles as the first option, I just didn't specify "micro". As the old saying goes, there's always tomorrow!!!

Yeah I seem to be, not on purpose i'm just a natural lol.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
how hard are linckias really to keep?

They look awesome and I always wanted a starfish for my SPS dominated tank that will roam around.

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how hard are linckias really to keep?

They look awesome and I always wanted a starfish for my SPS dominated tank that will roam around.

I'm curious how others might reply, but I've tried them on three occasions. They are beautiful and I didn't find them difficult to keep per say. They never "bothered" anything. However, at least in my attempts, they seemingly thrived for 6 to 9 months in my tank. Then, they would simply start to fade away...literally just start withering away. I can only assume they eventually just starved to death even despite my trying to keep them fed. I have since decided they are better left in the seas. That's my history and thoughts anyway.

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure these count technically as a seastar or not but "feathered sea stars" are beautiful, though from what I gather nigh impossible to feed properly

all you need is the right food and you can keep them, I get amazing growth on my 2 crinoids and i only feed twice a day

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fav star has gotta be my new Blue Phataria Star, It looks alot like the Blue Linkia the only difference is it has lighter shades of blue on it and the fact it's easier than the Linkia. This little guy eats a variety of sponges, tunicates, and even fish food that i put near the mouth. Not only that but it also moves around ALOT in an aquarium, Unlike the Blue Linkias. Overall amazing star

I wish I could say these are an "easy" starfish as this is my first one, I will buy another once I keep this one alive for 6 months and see if they all eat a variety of foods and it's not just my one star.

here he is devouring LRS Fish Frenzy.

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red linckia as they get all around the tank and when they are on the glass they make what appears to be chinese language symbols! its amazing how fast they can get around a 180 tank!

greg1786

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal sea star, a blue and yellow and white variety of sand sifters. One of my fav inverts of all time. Had gotten it about 5 years ago from a place called aquatic connection in FLA. Lost it after 2 years during a tank move and have yet to find one since. Hope to come across another someday the pic does little justice for its beauty AA5FA4DE-4435-47F6-AF67-C9960D425DD3-497-000001048D058DB6.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back