Poll: Have you had coral Spawn in Your Tank?

Have you had corals spawn in your tank?

• Yes - SPS Coral

Votes: 62 10.7%
  • Yes - LPS Coral

Votes: 73 12.6%
  • Yes - Softies

Votes: 85 14.7%
  • Yes - Other

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • No - Not that I've ever noticed

Votes: 368 63.6%
  • No - I don't believe it happens in captivity

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Other - Discuss in thread

Votes: 6 1.0%

• Total voters

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has every noticed/experienced any corals spawning in their tank. Let us know. The poll is multiple choice. Would love to hear the details if you have had noticed spawning - coral type, lighting, major element numbers, etc. The more details the better.

Yes, Pocillopora damicornis EVERYWHERE in my tank now. I had two colonies that were stable for years. Then I moved into a bigger tank with T5/LED combo and Bluefish mini doing phases of the moon with the night lighting. Within a few months I had a hundred colonies here and there. I stopped the night lighting and the number seems relatively stable for the moment.

myinvalidname

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch.

F4A23776-ED15-4BE5-9433-4A4C43ABD790.jpeg

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has every noticed/experienced any corals spawning in their tank. Let us know. The poll is multiple choice. Would love to hear the details if you have had noticed spawning - coral type, lighting, major element numbers, etc. The more details the better.
I just had my toadstool spawn and now I have little pieces of it in several places in the tank. My tank turned cloudy (milky white) and I could not figure out what happened because it was fine one minute and over night it was cloudy. Then when I have the blue lights on I saw all these little specs the same color as my toadstool on the rock and on the bottom of my tank. I got a UV sterilizer and within 4 days the tank was crystal clear again.

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going from year 1 into year 2 of me reefing I had a spawning and didnt know it, i remember going to my LFS saying I woke up and it looked like someone poured milk into my tank, I did a huge water change well little did I know I messed up!
That same thing happened to me but I did not do a water change

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I had a torch do it. I found this tiny little baby torch head, the size of a pea sitting in the sand one day. No clue where it came from.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back