What do you use to spot feed?

• Total voters

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a "disposable" polyethylene pipette that i used hundreds of times before the seams would typically split. The ones I used were about 10" long.

Something like these:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100pcs-...r-Pipettes-Plastic-Lab-Supplies-/251537689205

s-l1600.jpg

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both. I use a little 5 ml syring which I pour a bit of Roids in to make a paste, which I then put on my LPS like acans and duncan, then I'll use the same syringe with a bit of Roids to make a watery mix for my SPS and zoas, and then when I feed my LPS large food like mysis I use a turkey baster.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both. I use a little 5 ml syring which I pour a bit of Roids in to make a paste, which I then put on my LPS like acans and duncan, then I'll use the same syringe with a bit of Roids to make a watery mix for my SPS and zoas, and then when I feed my LPS large food like mysis I use a turkey baster.
How long have you been doing this for your acans? Have you seen much of a response? This is what I plan on doing.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a child medicine measuring syringe like thingy.

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been doing this for your acans? Have you seen much of a response? This is what I plan on doing.

I started about a month ago. They LOVE it. I turn pumps off and drop the paste on them and they look like little monsters they close up so fast. Better feeding response even then mysis which they like a lot. Regular roids watery mixture just makes them stick out feeders.

OP
OP
tupes

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered polyp booster also. I' going to dose that let it go for about a minute or so then target feed.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a mini turkey baster that I got from V2O foods. However seeing this poll, I just remembered that I have one of Julian Sprungs Things that I have never even opened. Might have to give that a try.

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For feeding the fish I use a basic 10ml rubber plunger dosing syringe with about 3-4" of airline host attached to the tip. It works perfectly for feeding the blend of Mysis and Rod's food to them. For target feeding my LPS corals I use a Monoject 412 curved tip dental syringe that I snipped about a 1/4" off the tip and sanded then fill with a thick slurry of either Reef-Roids or Coral Frenzy. With these I can closely measure how much they are all being fed to help with nutrient levels.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back