• Other

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built mine out of stainless steel and aluminum almost done with the matching canopy

166E304E-FD2F-4510-8E47-22B93B5893B1.jpeg
This is sick.

On Friday I finally came to the conclusion that the flatpack stand that came with the tank is not going to cut it. I could reinforce it but it's only like 70cm high, has 3 sections and inside is only 60cm. It's too weak, too low and impractical.

Now I would like to get a simple metal frame made that's 1m high - that should be the most practical and just use magnets to put on some simple panels. That would make it very easy to work under especially as from all the research I am doing you do end up spending a lot of time under there.

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built mine out of stainless steel and aluminum almost done with the matching canopy

166E304E-FD2F-4510-8E47-22B93B5893B1.jpeg
This is sick.

On Friday I finally came to the conclusion that the flatpack stand that came with the tank is not going to cut it. I could reinforce it but it's only like 70cm high, has 3 sections and inside is only 60cm. It's too weak, too low and impractical.

Anyhow long story short I am trying to find a stand solution that is simply a metal frame.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the lime green uprights are important to help prevent buckling. Without them the design doesn't have much in the way of lateral support.

Very similar to what I did. I did sister 2 2x6's across the front of my 5' tank to avoid a center brace. Probably overkill, but it was cheap and easy insurance.

The lime green posts are really just for making the assembly easier. They don't bear load (nor should they). Possibly they add some stability but if you attach cross beams that helps more.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back